RMAN exit status and step execution sucess

From: mdlbikes <marcelo_at_nickonline.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2002 13:54:03 -0800

Oracle version 8.1.7
OS Solaris

I am running an rman script inside a shell script. I check the exit status of
the rman execution ($?) but it is always 0. A few times a run out of disk space but the exit code was still 0.

How can verfify the success of my backup within a script?   If "greping" the output is the only solution. What do I grep for?

Within an rman script, How do I exit if a step fails?

I thank you in advance for your help.

Marcelo Received on Tue Mar 26 2002 - 15:54:03 CST