developer 6i installation problem

From: Paul <alienn_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 21:11:02 GMT

Hello All,
I've just installed d2k6irelease for Linux with Oracle 9i database. So far I've been able to start only forms builder but I can't connect to a database through it.
I guess there are some post installation steps that I still need to figure out and I can't find this information in oracle install guide. Below you may find the contents of forms6iconfig.txt and reports6iconfig.txt files with some instructions that I don't quite understand. (I'm new to Linux)
Please prompt me how exactly should I configure a virtual path. Also how can I configure the database connection for d2k tools (due to install of d2k in the separate $ORACLE_HOME I have 2 tnsnames.ora files, one for d2k you may find it at the end of this message, and another for oracle database and I think this is a main reason of db connection problem) Another problem I have with starting net8asst.sh script. Looks like it freezes after printing out the home directory.

I really appreciate a great help of internet community for assisting me all the way and getting me so far with the install/config process. Please don't let me switch to windows

Thank you all so much,

Sincerely,

Paul

Configuration Steps For Oracle Forms Server Installation: Mon Mar 25 13:56:25 EST 2002 This file gives details of the configuration steps done for you by the \ninstallation process (marked [info]) and of any actions you need to do manually\n(marked [action]). Please read this file and perform the requested actions.

[action] Please configure the following virtual path with your web
listener:\n/forms60java for physical directory /u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.6/forms60/java
[action] Please configure the following virtual path with your web
listener:\n/jinitiator for physical directory /u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.6/jinit/doc
[action] Please configure the following virtual path with your web
listener:\n/dev60temp for physical directory /u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.6/tools/web60/temp
[action] Please configure the following virtual path with your web
listener:\n/dev60html for physical directory /u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.6/tools/web60/html
[action] Please configure the following virtual path with your web
listener:\n/dev60cgi for physical directory /u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.6/tools/web60/cgi

[action] A command to start the Forms Server\nhas been written to the Forms
Server startup script\n/u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.6/forms60_server
[info] You may run a standard test form (or any form of your choice) at the
URL http://localhost.localdomain:80/dev60html/runform.htm

Configuration Steps For Oracle Reports Server Installation: Mon Mar 25 00:14:12 EST 2002 This file gives details of the configuration steps done for you by the \ninstallation process (marked [info]) and of any actions you need to do manually\n(marked [action]). Please read this file and perform the requested actions.

[action] Please configure the following virtual path with your web
listener:\n/webcache for physical directory /u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.6/reports60/server/cache
[action] Please configure the following virtual path with your web
listener:\n/dev60cgi for physical directory /u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.6/tools/web60/cgi
[action] Please configure the following virtual path with your web
listener:\n/dev60html for physical directory /u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.6/tools/web60/html

[action] TNS alias Rep60_localhost for the Reports Server has been\ndefined
in the Net8 file /u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.6/network/admin/tnsnames.ora If this is not the tnsnames.ora file you plan to use, you may need to copy the entry for Rep60_localhost to the appropriate tnsnames.ora file before the Reports Server will start up properly.

[action] A command to start the Reports Server\nhas been written to the
Reports Server startup
script\n/u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.6/reports60_server
[action] Oracle Reports Web CGI and cartridge: in order to run reports\non
other machines, your must add entries to your Net8 tnsnames.ora file\nto identify the Reports Servers running on those machines.
[action] If you wish to distribute the execution of reports
across\ndifferent machines using Reports Server clustering, you will need to\nadd the CLUSTERCONFIG parameter to the Reports Server configuration file.\nPlease refer to the Reports Server documentation for details.
[info] You may run a standard test report (or any report of your\nchoice) at
the URL http://localhost.localdomain:80/dev60html/runrep.htm\nNote that the standard test report requires a working database connection.\nTo run the test report, you may need to add a TNS alias to the Net8 tnsnames.ora file so that the Reports Server can connect to a database. Configuration Steps For Oracle Reports Server Installation: Mon Mar 25 13:57:43 EST 2002 This file gives details of the configuration steps done for you by the \ninstallation process (marked [info]) and of any actions you need to do manually\n(marked [action]). Please read this file and perform the requested actions.

[...]

tnsnames.ora (of d2k 6i)

#
# Installation Generated Net8 Configuration
# Version Date: Oct-27-97
# Filename: Tnsnames.ora
#

extproc_connection_data =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = ora1))     (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = extproc))
  )

ora1 =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL= TCP)(Host= localhost.localdomain)(Port= 1521))     (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = ora1))
  )

ora1_BEQ =
  (DESCRIPTION =

    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = BEQ)(PROGRAM = /u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.6)
               (argv0 = oracleora1)
               (args = '(DESCRIPTION =
(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)))')
               (envs =

'ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.6,ORACLE_SID=ora1')

    )
  )

Rep60_localhost=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=localhost.localdomain)(PORT=194 9)) Received on Tue Mar 26 2002 - 15:11:02 CST