ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

From: Aditya <adityanath_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2002 12:12:44 -0800

Hi!

I have to connect to a remote oracle database.

I created a database link with the following syntax on my local database.

create public database link dblink_dash connect to dash identified by board using 'prodsysadm'

Link was created sucessfully.

dash is the login for the remote database and board is its password. prodsysadm is the service name which I created on my PC using Net8 Assistant.

I am able to connect to the remote database from sqlplus connect dash_at_prodsysadm

But When I try to connect through my sql using database link it gives this error

Select count(*) from employees_at_dblink_dash

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

I checked the global_names parameter on my local database, it is set to false.

I will highly appretiate any suggestions on this problem. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Aditya Received on Tue Mar 26 2002 - 14:12:44 CST