Re: Pad temp extents a few bytes larger than sort_area_size?

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 04:50:56 +1100

Yes, because you only swap a sort to disk in the first place if it doesn't fit in the sort_area_size; and when you do swap to disk, regardless of the mechanism involved in actually getting it to disk, it's the contents of the sort_area_size that are swapped. So what it gets swapped to needs to be organised in sort_area_sized chunks, or multiples of sort_area_size.

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle : www.hjrdba.com