Re: Oracle 8.1.7 installlation and startup - help

From: damorgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:09:14 GMT

I can think of quite a few things that likely went wrong. The first being that it appears you didn't read the installation instructions. If not do that now. Then go to /etc/system and set the correct values for shared memory and semaphores and reboot the machine.

Next ... how would you expect to connect to a database that wasn't created? Go to server manager SVRMGRL and create a database. Be sure you follow the instuctions exactly running catproc, catalog, pupbld, etc.

Daniel Morgan