Re: ORA-01034

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:34:09 -0000

Hi

Run a command prompt and type the following

set oracle_sid=<sid>
svrmgr30
connect internal/<internal password>
startup;

this should either start the database up or give you an error message. You should also check the alert log , in fact now I am typing this do that first. My guess would be that the database might need recovery.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA