Re: Oracle to excel at server side

From: Ada <ada106_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Mar 2002 18:37:05 -0800

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

I think I should provide details information for my situation.

We use developer 2000 (i.e. client/server model) and OO4O to build forms and reports in our system before. With OO4O, we can extract data from Oracle database to Excel and update data from Excel to Oracle.

Now, we want to use developer 6i to deploy forms and reports on the web (i.e. 3-tier model). We are seeking for some tools/methods to replace OO4O.

Do there any solution for this?

For your first suggestion, it can only extract data from Oracle database to Excel, but can't update data from Excel (user's machine) to Oracle.

For your second suggestion, is it possible for 3-tier model?

Ada