Re: sql format question

From: Philip Chee <philip_at_aleytys.pc.my>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 20:49:35 GMT

In article <ba3acda6.0203241616.720a1cc3_at_posting.google.com> mgiff2002_at_hotmail.com writes:

>I'm a bit new to Oracle and SQL and I'm not even sure if this is
>really the right forum to be posting on but anyway...

>I have a form on an HTML page that calls a perl script and this
>connects to a db and through SQL (oracle 8.0) and retrieves some data
>from a table. This then gets published on the HTML page. The perl
>script that I got seems to retrieve each row of the table one at a
>time with one space in between each field. By the end of the row the
>columns are all over the place. Is there some way of formatting the
>table so that the columns line up nicely? Maybe some SQL which would,
>each time the script connects to the db, format the columns.
>Anyway, thanks in advance for your time

Perl originally stood for "Practical Extraction and Reporting Language". Since you are already using perl to retrieve the data, why not format the data from inside your perl script? After all that was what perl was designed to do in the first place.

Philip

 Philip Chee: Tasek Corporation Berhad, P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA   e-mail: philip_at_aleytys.pc.my Voice:+60.5.291.1011 Fax:+60.5.291.9932    Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,
 þ 20434.03 þ SysOp : Person with a parity error between the ears.