Re: HOW TO MAKE ORACLE USE MATERIALISED VIEW IN STAR SCHEMA

From: Michiel <mbrunt_at_inergy.nl>
Date: 25 Mar 2002 03:46:52 -0800

> First - have you create a DIMENSION to
> tell Oracle that when considering rewrite
> the key columns of the dimension tables
> are equivalent to the name columns ?

I didn't create dimensions (although I have some tables that I call dimension tables). I think you mean creating dimensions with the Oracle CREATE DIMENSION statement.
I can read in documentation things about levels and hierarchies. What if I only want to have a dimension that is identified by a key and contains a lot of attributes without hierarchies??

> Second - have you tried adjusting the
> setting for
> query_rewrite_integrity ?

This is set in my INIT.ORA Received on Mon Mar 25 2002 - 05:46:52 CST