Multiple archive log processes archiving same log file

From: lars v. andersen <lars_v_andersen_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Mar 2002 02:02:56 -0800

Hi

We have notice that Oracle starts multiple archive writer even if log_archive_max_processes = 1.
We understand the need for more than this limit if the system is very heavily loaded. What we do not understand is why the archive writer ARC1/ARC2 tries to
archive the same archive file (seq#) as ARCH0.

It would only make sense if they tried to copy a new or different archive log file!

Can anyone give us an explanation to this phenomena?

(We are running Oracle 8.1.7.2 on Win NT sp 4) Received on Mon Mar 25 2002 - 04:02:56 CST