Re: Recommended ndd settings for Solaris (2.7)

From: Kyle <kyle_at_gadgets.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:49:29 +1200

What is the network performance like between the two boxes, taking SQL*NET out of the equation?
If this is bad, check the physical layer or for differing MTU sizes. on the sun box a netstat -k and look for your interface "HMEx" etc.... will give you fragment information, collisions, etc. Try debugging below the Oracle layer first. When you are satisfied with that, look at the Oracle networking "stuff".

If it is going through a managed switch, check the stats. Secondly, if you are using a 10/100 card in the Solaris box (I take it it is x86?) is it autonegotiating to 100Mbps. If not, then there is an ndd parameter that will force the card to 100. I can't remember it.....

Hope that helps.
Kyle