Re: Repost: SQLLOADER problem

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 21:05:32 -0000

"Ryan Gaffuri" <rkg100_at_erols.com> wrote in message news:a7l412$oap$1_at_bob.news.rcn.net...
> Nope its strictly done off of an NT box. I ran the whole thing right on an
> NT server. Why does the discard file and bad file format properly? Id
really
> rather my client not have to worry about the format of the log file.
Giving
> them a VI emulator in windows is not an option. I dont have access to
their
> boxes to set it up myself. I have to give them installation instructions.
> would not want to talk them through this... even if it is simple to
install.

> Let me reiterate. I run the sqlloader on my NT server which has my Oracle
8i
> database on it. I get a log file which the format is screwed up in both
> textpad and word and I get a discard and bad file where the format is
fine.

> Im looking for a real simple solution that I can provide to my client. It
> does not look good if your client gets something that looks sloppy.

I'm totally baffled. I've used SQL*Loader on various OS's, including NT, for may years and never seen anything like this. The log file is always a plain text file, as far as I'm concerned. The bad file and discard files are also plain text, in the exact format of the input file. Could you post the log file (or a section of it if there are confidentiality issues)?
This is a *very**very* long shot, and I hate to use the v-word, and I have no claim to being a virus expert, but I'm just wondering if there's something nasty somewhere doing something to any files with a .log extension (quick empirical test here - use a different extension).

Paul Received on Sun Mar 24 2002 - 15:05:32 CST