Re: hot backup offline db synch

From: Tim Smith <timasmith_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Mar 2002 10:22:50 -0800

Thanks, thats great info. So to get a standby database kicked off on another server do I have to make a mirror copy of all database files and then start manually recovering?

Are archive log files binary compatible across platforms - could I use a VMS box as the standby instead of another linux box?

thanks!

Tim