Re: Multi-server roll outs

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 04:38:52 GMT

The Raven wrote:

> Thanks for the information. The proposed roll out would take place on a
> conventional Windows based LAN/WAN running either NT/2000/XP. While I can
> appreciate that Unix would make it simpler from a technical viewpoint its
> not an OS that will be used.
>
> When I used the term "image" it was more in regards to an Server running the
> web enabled version of Oracle (probably 9iAS) and included the underlying OS
> etc. In essence, a brand new server with nothing on the HDD then has a
> pre-configured "image" of the OS, Oracle, and the application installed.
>
> Regards
>
> The Raven

http://tahiti.oracle.com/pls/tahiti/tahiti.homepage search on "response and file and silent and install" http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server.817/a76962/ch2.htm#128629

what you want to do is configure a response file to use with the Oracle Universal Installer.

hth,

Paul Received on Sat Mar 23 2002 - 22:38:52 CST