Re: How to determine unused indexes

From: joe sath <dbadba62_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 16:15:53 GMT

Explan plan all the sql statement in your sqlarea can be done automatically. The artical can be found at oracle magzine, Nov/Dec 2001. There is a pl/sql script by Don XXX. He also has a book called performance tuning by statspack (something similar to this), there is a good detail about this. I set it up at my site, which is a very powerful techniche, you can get all the index usage, full table scan, index range scans, etc,etc. I highly recommend it.