Re: TNS-12541 TNS:no listener

From: Hans de Ruiter <hans.ruiter-de_at_siemens.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:00:24 +0100

By domain name I don't mean your NT-domain. Oracle domains are something different and are used to identify databases inside a company worldwide. By domain I mean e.a. sales.mydomain.com. Your sqlnet.ora doesn't contain the names.default_domain clause. If there were, connecting to the database sales will search inside your tnsnames.ora for a sales.defaultdomain.com as a servicename, and by that resolving how to talk to the listener. Honestly just stick with netconfig 8i for resolving your problem. It will sort things out (can do it manually but the risk that if you don't know what your doing things will never work) and test it!

"Julian K. Black" <julianb_at_bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:4nnm8.136137$Yd.6715455_at_e3500-atl1.usenetserver.com...
> It is oralce 8i . When you say domain if you are referring to my NT
domain
> is it needed since it resides on the same computer? If so can you make
the
> necessary modification and post it for me(just use mydomainname ).
thanks.