ORA-12638 Error when starting instance

From: Operations <dbz_outlawstar74_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Mar 2002 20:53:28 -0800

I have a Win2000 Server, 3 Oracle 8.1.6i databases. The services for each database are starting up fine. When I start the instance for any of the databases I receive the following errors:

ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed
ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed
LCC-00161: Message 161 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=MGR

ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed
ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed

This started happening after a reboot, the only change that has been made is that of the local Administrator password and the Domain Admin password.

I have tried changing the line in sqlnet.ora to the following: sqlnet.authentication_services = (NONE)

This did not work and I changed it back to: sqlnet.authentication_services = (NTS)

I would like to leave it that way as everything was working perfectly before the password changing of the Administrators. I had also changed the local administrator's password back to what it used to be, the error is the same as above.

Thanks!

-paul Received on Thu Mar 21 2002 - 22:53:28 CST