Re: Upgrading

From: The Raven <wsmc_at_flashmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:27:20 +1100

"damorgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3C9A1686.70BE21F7_at_exesolutions.com...
> The specific steps depend on the hardware amd operating system but always
follow
> this basic methodology.
>
> 1. Put the CD into the CDROM drive.
> 2. Find the readme file that details the installation steps.
> 3. Follow it without exception
>
> I am not trying to make light of your serious question. It is just,
truthfully,
> the best answer possible.

Thanks for the answer. You pretty well summed it up. I guess what I was really asking was "Is it as simple as a Microsoft upgrade is supposed to be (or used to be....)"?

The concern was that you'd be checking version numbers and installed components and then reinstalling each and every Oracle one of them for the server and clients and then doing some sort of database conversion.

The Raven Received on Thu Mar 21 2002 - 21:27:20 CST