Re: Oracle 7.1.3 and Oracle 8 from one client

From: John Kachurick <jokach_at_epix.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 00:09:10 GMT

I know its possible using oracle client 7.3 so I can't see why 7.1.3 wouldn't work. I've found that it works best when you load the v7 client first in one home (probably C:\orawin95) and then the 8i client second in another home (probably c:\ora8). Just remember to point the v7 app to the first home and v8 app to the second.... (remember also you will have seperate tnsnames files as well to support for the respective databases ..)

hth