Re: Standby database problem

From: Chuck <chuck_hamilton_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:31:32 -0500

Even though Oracle refuses to call this a bug, they did provide a workaround for it. The problem seems to be that the archiver on the primary instance loses contact with it's counterpart on the standby instance some time after the standby gets shut down so it can be remounted for recovery. The solution is to stop the archiver on the primary instance immediately prior to shutting down the standby. Then restart the primary's archiver as soon as the standby is mounted.