Re: Maximum users per Oracle server

From: daniel <test_at_test.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 19:48:02 -0000

Hi,

Your question seems to be a bit vague, but I think you are asking how many concurrent users will your system handle?

So 2Gb ram
minus OS stuff
minus "other" process (unless dedicated Oracle server) minus the SGA (buffer cache & shared pool) and each concurrent user will take (rule of thumb) approx 2Mb

If you are planning large numbers of users you may look at an MTS environment.

Any questions please ask...

Daniel...