TNS-12541 TNS:no listener

From: Julian K. Black <julianb_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:21:48 -0500

Hello gang

I am having a problem connecting to my oracle server thru clients software. I am running the client and the server off the same machine. The OS is windows 2000 server

My listener is up and running but I cannot seem to connect to my oracle server.

Here is my listener.ora file:
LISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
    )
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = julian)(PORT = 1521))
    )
  )

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = C:\Oracle\Ora81)
(PROGRAM = extproc)

    )
    (SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = jkbdata)
(ORACLE_HOME = C:\Oracle\Ora81)
(SID_NAME = jkbdata)

    )
  )

Here is my tnsmanes.ora file:

JKBDATA =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = julian)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = jkbdata)

    )
  )

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = PLSExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)

    )
  )

The only thing I can think off is that I had uninstalled and reinstalled some database with different listeners. The old databases is not listed in the Services window under 2000 but the old listeners are. The old listeners are not running and the startup type is manual. Is there a file in the bin directory I can modify to remove these old listeners from the service list?

Most importantly can anyone help me resolve this issue? Thanks. Received on Thu Mar 21 2002 - 07:21:48 CST