Re: How to install Oracle Management Server on Client

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:54:40 +1100

We're all over the place, really. Aren't we?

Personal edition (as far as I know) is designed to be used on a single PC, with few or no network connections, hence the name. It's the nearest equivalent to Access that Oracle could bring themselves to develop. I won't say it can't be done, because I've never tried, but I'd be surprised if it was designed to permit administration via the Management Server.

And client-server configurations such as you describe are a big no-no for that version, too. Try Enterprise Edition (free download from technet.oracle.com), and then you'll be in business.

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com