Re: Postgree vs Oracle in a Linux Server

From: Alvaro Fuentes <alvarof2_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 22:14:59 GMT

Oracle 8i means Oracle 8.1.7 Server for Solaris, AIX, etc. A trial version can be downloaded from
http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/oracle8i/content.html

Oracle 9i means the advanced server version 9.0.1.1 that contains also the OEM (Enterprise Manager) and the WebDB, and you can download a trial version from
http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/oracle9i/content.html

Oracle 11i Means the UNIX full-fledged latest release that can be obtained by Purchasing the Server License from Oracle, which contains enhanced web portal capabilities and Java Technologies integration.

Daniel Morgan,

The Oracle people in my Company and other local Companies (both developers and administrators) have a very different opinion than yours about how much Oracle experience I have in big RS/6000's Servers and SUN Enterprise 10000's.

Please don't draw conclusions like this about anyone's experience in this News Group.

  1. Fuentes afuentes_at_goodpremises.com 512-297-9937