Re: Rumours of Oracle dropping PL/SQL

From: damorgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:03:12 GMT

There is no rational reason why Oracle would alienate its entire DBA and developer base for something with a few extra abilities and lower performance. Lets keep in mind that Oracle is the company that values its user base enough that we have thousands of synonyms so old code will still run (try granting permission to select from v$mystat some time).

It is far more likely that PL/SQL will be expanded to cover the Java functionality which could easily be done with a few more built-in packages.

Daniel Morgan