Re: CPU 100% use

From: Tom Brown <tom_at_eazyriders.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:41:17 GMT

trust me windows is not my choice - I have 4 other DB machines running solaris happily but due to a piece of software we have to run they only support it on NT which is a bit rubbish...

anyway strange as it may seem when i got back into the office this morning the CPU time had reduced to about 25-30% and the instance in question has behaved itself since. Maybe ots some strange bug in 2k and 8.1.7 as i don't know what it was.

Tom

"Mladen Gogala" <mgogala_at_adelphia.net> wrote in message news:a79g9v$jmqcm$1_at_ID-82084.news.dfncis.de...
> On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:39:41 -0500, Tom Brown wrote:
>
> > i'll have to check when i get back in the office but i believe it was
> > oracle.exe ? This only happens when i start one of the instances... The
> > other is fine? But when the other does eventually start as (it takes
ages
> > to start) and the machine just is slow slow on the desktop it is
> > virtually unusable.
> >
> > what i did notice was there once was 4 entries for memory... Java,
Shared