Truncating a LONG column to fit a PL/SQL LONG var

From: Morten Primdahl <morten_at_caput.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:15:17 +0100

Hi. What are the best practices for truncating a LONG column to fit a PL/SQL LONG variable?

I have a trigger that reads data from a LONG column and inserts it into a shadow table LONG column. It is not possible to read the above ~32K fields into the PL/SQL variable. I'm OK if I just truncate the LONG column so it fits. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Morten

--
Morten Primdahl         Caput A/S          Phone +45 70 12 24 42
System Integrator       Nygade 6           Fax   +45 70 11 24 42