Re: Object Oriented Databases?

From: damorgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:18:12 GMT

Not using them and don't know of anyone who is with the sole exception of Nuno Souto.

I explored them and found they did not provide useful advantages.

I think the lack of any marketing hyperbole around object databases by Oracle, IBM, Sybase, or Microsoft is pretty much an acknowledgement that there is nothing there. If there were, they would be buying up small companys with real object databases and bashing us monthly with full page color spreads about their new object features.

Daniel Morgan