Re: Migrating 8i database to 9i

From: Don Seiler <don.seiler_at_cellcom.com>
Date: 20 Mar 2002 06:11:57 -0800

Yes I downloaded 9i and was reading the documentation. Seems like they have it all laid out for me in terms of migrating from 7 to 9i. Being able to export/import would be nice, but this database is QUITE large, so there is not only concern of time, but of space. I don't have enough disk to hold to concurrent copies of our database.

I will probably be doing a cold backup and then using the migration tools.

Thanks,
Don.