Re: How to find out who is running the procedure ?

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:41:20 +0300

sys_context('userenv','<blah>') returns pretty much of useful information about the session - just substitute the <blah> with any of the following:

current_user = user who's privileges are in effect session_user = user who initiated the session (logged in)

os_user        = client OS user name
host             = name of client host

ip_address = IP address of client host