Re: multithreaded application, internal heap error

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:15:17 GMT

Andreas Lederer <andreas_at_tecco.at> wrote:

>i have some troubles with porting my applikation
>from windows to aix.

Looking at some of the errors (e.g. complaining about the wrong data segment) and the fact that you have a threaded Windows app ported to AIX... I would guess you are running into re-entrant problems. How are you implementing/porting the Window thread code to AIX? Not familiar at all myself with AIX - do you have PThreads or are you using forking?

Depending on the thread model used on Windows, you can have the threads sharing the same datasegment. If you use fork() on Unix, each child process get a copy of the data segment. Inheriting stuff like SQL statement handles that way, can be a problem.

I would suggest looking at the threading issue first. Possible running it as a test in single threaded mode first, resolve the basic porting problems, then tackling the multithreading.

--
Billy