Updateable Snapshots with Fast Refresh

From: Gollums <verbal123_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Mar 2002 19:41:37 -0800

I am trying to do a fast refresh with for update clause from a Oracle 8.1.7 database to another Oracle 8.1.7 database. My materialized view/snapshot should be updateable in my child database. It is doing a complete refresh everytime instead of a fast refresh.

Snapshot Log script:
CREATE SNAPSHOT LOG ON MAINCUST TABLESPACE DET001_DATA01 PCTFREE 5 PCTUSED 95; Snapshot script:
CREATE SNAPSHOT MCSNP1 TABLESPACE MOT001_DATA01 REFRESH FAST FOR UPDATE AS SELECT * FROM METDBA.MAINCUST I am updating a column in MCSNP1 using a Stored Procedure.

How can I ensure that only a fast refresh takes place all the time?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Received on Tue Mar 19 2002 - 21:41:37 CST