Re: Anyone seen this 600 Error?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 19 Mar 2002 10:01:35 -0800

In article <YyKl8.34683$%6.1200943_at_news2.telusplanet.net>, "Dave says...

>Hi all.
>
>This is related to a previous post.
>
>Right now I'm attempting to upgrade an vanilla 8.1.7 database to a 9.0.1
>database.
>
>Setup:
>
>Win2k SP2
>Celeron 466
>384M Ram
>Vanilla 8.1.7 (no service paks, downloaded from technet)
>Vanilla 9.0.1 (no service paks, downloaded from technet)
>
>When it was an 8.1.7 database everything was fine. I copied the datafiles
>over to the 9i OFA directory structure under the 9i ORACLE_HOME and updated
>the COMPATIBILITY parameter to 9.0.1. I don't think I'm using any obsolete
>parameters in the init.ora.
>
>I deleted the 8i Service and created a 9i service. I can get the database
>to the mount stage, but when I attempt to open it, BOOM:
>
>ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [qctstc2o1], [3], [1], [31], [1],
>[4000], [0], []
>
>I don't have a Metalink account (therefore, no patches). Anyone know what
>this one means? I've eliminated the password files and set
>REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORD_FILE to NONE and disabled the system triggers, so
>that's not it.
>
>Any ideas???
>
>Dave

suggest you read through the migration guide, that describes how you should upgrade a database from release x to y.

In particular, read
http://download-west.oracle.com/otndoc/oracle9i/901_doc/server.901/a90191/migupgra.htm#901509

I suggest you follow the steps for using the Data Migration Assistant. There was an issue with unicode databases and migration, this issue is corrected by setting an event, ODMA will set the event, else you have to do it manually yourself.