Re: Oracle versus Microsoft Sqlserver 2000

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:16:00 GMT

In article <81ffd231.0203180848.2ef7f8da_at_posting.google.com>, mike.mcneer_at_umusic.com (Mike) wrote:

>Where do I find the SQLPLus as I did a full install of Enterprise
>Manager and am unsure of where it is. Also i checked out Toad and it
>does seem like a much better tool.

SQLPlus comes standard with 8i. Pretty sure it still comes with 9i. It should be in the menus as SQL Plus. The executable is either sqlplus or sqlplusw.exe, depending upon the os and which version (text-based vs. windows-based). It's simple, mind you... simpler in functionality, probably, than worksheet. For doing simple queries, though, I like it. Received on Tue Mar 19 2002 - 07:16:00 CST