Re: ucd-snmp & Oracle

From: Ivan Saez <i.a.saez.scheihing_at_tue.nl>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:55:39 +0100

Hi,

I'm very close to solve my problem (to make Oracle snmp work with ucd-snmp). I can now poll the rdbms-mib (in database.v1):

oracle_at_linux:~/OraHome1/network/log > snmpget -m all localhost public rdbmsDbName.2
rdbmsMIB.rdbmsObjects.rdbmsDbTable.rdbmsDbEntry.rdbmsDbName.2 = "IVAN.tue.nl"

but when I try to pool the listener mib I get:

oracle_at_linux:~/OraHome1/network/log > snmpget -m all localhost public oraListenAddress.1
Error in packet
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB. Failed object:
enterprises.oracle.oraListenerMIB.oraListenerObjects.oraListenAddressTable.oraListenAddressEntry.oraListenAddress.1

I've also tried snmpwalk -m all localhost public enterprises.oracle.oraListenerMIB
but without results. Any ideas?