Oracle 9i OLAP - remote access question

From: G.Ong <onggs_at_acslink.aone.net.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:10:24 +1100

Hi,

I installed Oracle 9.0.1.0 on Solaris 2.7. I can bring up Enterprise Manager in standalone mode (on this box) and use the OLAP Service to view the demo cube.
However, I cannot use the Enterprise Manager on an NT workstation in the standalone mode to invoke the OLAP service to view the cube on the Server.

The situation is similar with NT i.e. I installed Oracle 9.0.1.1 on an NT 4.0 workstation and can view the cube using Enterprise Manager in standalone mode on same box. But I cannot view the cube from another NT workstation using Enterprise Manager in standalone mode (this client also based on 9.0.1.1)

In both cases the listener seems ok + I can ping the respective hosts.

Have anybody done something similar ? Your assistance much appreciated.

TIA,
Ghee Received on Tue Mar 19 2002 - 04:10:24 CST