Re: Shared library error

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:32:12 +0300

Be sure your LD_LIBRARY_PATH includes $ORACLE_HOME/lib and your $ORACLE_HOME points to correct Oracle home directory before you relink and when you invoke any of Oracle tools. Also, apply the latest Recommended Patch Cluster for your Solaris version/platform before relinking Oracle. The 'open failed' errors you are getting are indication of wrong LD_LIBRARY_PATH, 'symbol not found' can indicate that the wrong library is getting loaded (again, check your LD_LIBRARY_PATH and apply the latest patch cluster for Solaris). Since you didn't give errors you are getting when relinking, I am unable to guess what's going wrong with it. You should not relink or invoke Oracle tools as root - do it as Oracle owner user (which is probably oracle). Solaris patch clusters should be installed by root however (you can get them at http://sunsolve.sun.com).

If you want more exact hints - provide more information then (your environment, solaris patch level, exact error messages you are getting when relinking, etc.)