Import/export troubles

From: Laurent Boutet <laurent.boutet1_at_libertysurf.fr>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:17:26 +0100

Hi !

I've got troubles using Import/Export utilities I'm connected as SYSTEM
I decided to create an export file in order to import it elsewhere... So I decided to export tables.

Then I created a new tablespace and assigned it a new user with no particulars rights...
And I import the export file...
So, the import runs...BUT, I can't import tables containing BLOB or CLOB columns !!
Why ??? I don't understand...
I don't know if you understand my problem...let me show you a sample :

INITIALLY :
tablespace : TBLSPC_TOTO
user : toto , default tablespace TBLSPC_TOTO tables :

    toto.L1 (with no BLOB or CLOB columns)     toto.L2(with a BLOB column for instance)

now I create an export file of all these tables (L1 and L2 so)...

NOW :
now I want to import the tables L1 and L2 I create a new tablespace and a user
tablespace : TBLSPC_TITI
user : titi, default tablespace TBLSPC_TITI

I do an import tables from user toto to user titi... BUT the only table created is L1 which has no BLOB or CLOB column (and I would have the table L2 if it
has not CLOB or BLOB columns)....
For the import of the table L2, I have an 01950 Oracle error telleing me that I don't have enough privilege on tablespace TBLSPC_TOTO...but I don't understand this message...because my table L1 is well created in my tablespace TBLSPC_TITI...so why do I have this message for L2 ??? why doesn't it create L2 under TBLSPC_TITI ???....

I hope you'll understand my problem...

Thanks very much in advance,
Laurent Received on Tue Mar 19 2002 - 03:17:26 CST