Migrating from MS Sql Server to Oracle

From: Mark Kessler <mk_at_smartlingua.com>
Date: 18 Mar 2002 19:57:11 -0800

Hello all,
I am facing the problem of migrating quite a big database (+100 tables and stored procedures) from an MS Sql Server to an Oracle 8i Server.

No I am trying to get an estimation of the necessary effort to put into this.

Assuming the following situation: Being neither an expert in Ms Sql or Oracle but more an advanced user, and only starting to get inside into the database I have to migrate..

Would you say that it this possible to accomplish the migration in a matter of days or weeks, when using a migration tool like the Oracle Migration workbench? Or do I have to expect to put hand on every stored procedure manually?

I would appreciate any input very much.

Mark Kessler Received on Mon Mar 18 2002 - 21:57:11 CST