Re: Can't create 8i database

From: pmatt69 <pmatt69_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:05:39 -0500

Actually, I just found the problem. I did change the kernel parameters, but I had not set the semmns value high enough for the number of processes I wanted to support. I modified the init.ora so I could get on with the instance creation. I will modify the kernel later, and then change the init.ora value back.

"victor tsien" <vtsien_at_lucent.com> wrote in message news:a75jsg$40d_at_nntpb.cb.lucent.com...
> Have you modified unix tunable parameters? You need shmmax set to 4gb and
> reboot the machine. Check teh instalation guide (pre-installation
section).

> "pmatt69" <pmatt69_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I just performed a fresh installation of 8.1.7 on an E280 running 10/01
> > Solaris 8. The installation succeeded, but I have not been able to run
> the
> > DB creation assistant successfully. I have narrowed this down to some
> > problem related to connecting to the instance. When I "connect
internal"
> > and then try to "startup nomount" the instance, we receive ORA-03113.
The