Re: Experiences with Oracle Workspace Manager?

From: Pete Sharman <Pete_member_at_newsguy.com>
Date: 18 Mar 2002 09:25:33 -0800

I haven't used it in anger, but from what I understand of it it's designed to deal with long running transactions so spatial makes sense. It's only in 9i, so you won't get it working in 8i.

HTH. Pete

In article <3C95D835.58ACB5EC_at_logiball.de>, Christof says...

>Hi Out There,
>
>I was wondering if naybody has experiences with the Oracle Workspace
>Manager that can be used for versioning of data.
>(e.g. edit data in a logical branch an merge it into the main version
>after doing so).
>
>I started to do a bit of research into this,
>
>- is it stable (with 9i or also with 8i)?
>- is it usable?
>- does it work with oracle spatial (it should)?
>- any comments or hint why not to use it.
>
>I just dont fell like I have to be the beta tester if sombody of you
>already suffered before ... ;-)
>
>Cheers
>Christof

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Mon Mar 18 2002 - 11:25:33 CST