Re: error while installing on tru64

From: Pete Sharman <Pete_member_at_newsguy.com>
Date: 18 Mar 2002 09:22:07 -0800

Not sure why you had a problem installing to multiple nodes. It's worked sweetly for me every time. In fact, on Tru64 you don't even need to install to multiple nodes if you're using a clustered file system. If you're not, then did you check your oracle account has the same un/pw on each node? On clusters that aren't using a CFS, what the installer does is install locally then rcp to every other node you choose to install on.

Going back to the original message, this will never work (at least not with today's technology). You can't cluster two different OS's together. End of story.

Pete

In article <3c95f7af$0$7108$4d4efb8e_at_news.be.uu.net>, "koert54" says...

>Hmmm ... can't help you there ...
>
>I had a problem on a Tru64 cluster just 2 weeks ago - the installer detects
>the
>available nodes. If selecting more than the local node things go wrong.
>However, your problem looks entirely different.
>Without a snippet of your install.log, no one will be able to help you ...
>
>btw - what's the deal with your cluster - Tru64 + Linux in one cluster - I
>don't see
>how this can work ? Why don't you stick with Tru64 and make use Clustered
>Filesystems ????
>
>"Sławomir Marcinkowski" <s.marcinkowski_at_Bankier.pl> wrote in message
>> the machines (2) are clustered (hardware) but where is no cluster support
>in
>> operation system. On one machine is tru64 and on second (now is off) will
>be
>> linux with apache :).
>> ps
>> this is 9i EE
>>
>> Użytkownik "koert54" <nospam_at_nospam.com> napisał w wiadomości
>> > is this on a tru64 cluster ?
>> >
>> > "Sławomir Marcinkowski" <s.marcinkowski_at_Bankier.pl> wrote in message
>> was
>> > in
>> file.

>binutils

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Mon Mar 18 2002 - 11:22:07 CST