Re: Question about setting up an Oracle server

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 04:42:53 +1100

No, Personal can't be used as a server. Hence the name!

Go for your 9i Enterprise Edition. That will work fine. Your machine doesn't actually have to be a server (ie, running NT Server, or Windows 2000 Server), but it has to be running NT or W2K Pro, or XP Pro at the very least. If you've only got something like Windows 98, it's not going to work.

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com