Re: Do not need backups with Veritas Volume Replicator

From: damorgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:14:15 GMT

An audit trail is for reversing operator error. If that error is not caught within one calendar quarter in a well managed system it will never be caught.

No one ever says "You know I remember accidentally deleting that record last year (unless it is January 2nd or 3rd.).

I understand and appreciate your point. But honestly when was the last time you went to your tape library, picked a random tape, and tested whether it could be restored? My problem with tape is that it often gives a false sense of security. Too often I have been in a situation where the tape was found ... and found to be worthless.

Daniel Morgan