Re: error while installing on tru64

From: koert54 <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:59:14 +0100

Well - the message says it all - check your datasize limit en relink again (relink all)
Taken from dejanews.com :
Tru64 has settings for default and max sizes for process limits. There are values built in at kernel build time but these can be changed by values read from /etc/sysconfigtab at boot time. The simplest way to adjust them on a workstation is use dxkerneltuner. Run this under root and select the proc subsystem which display the current values and give you a box where you can set the boot values you want. The ones you are interested in are:

max-per-proc-address-space
per-proc-address-space
max-per-proc-data-size
per-proc-data-size
max-per-proc-stack-size
per-proc-stack-size

Which set the max and default values for a process. You probably need to change vm-maxvas in the vm subsystem as well to increase the max virtual size.

Having done this then following a reboot you should get the new higher values you entered.