Re: Oracle on EMC Question

From: libre <sorcier_at_hananet.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 00:07:06 +0900

It is recommend that datafile and redo file is separate disk.

example)

/app/oracle -- Oracle software
/u01 -- datafiles
/u02 -- index datafiles
/r01, /r02, /r03 -- redo log files
/c01, /c02, /c03 --controlfiles

this is a proper way.. may be..
if you are system administrator, determine volume group and logical volume,filesystem
But You must locate a different volume group for datafiles and redo logfiles.
The volume group for datafile need striping and mirroring (RAID 0+1),possible
But volume group for redo logfile neet not striping, just mirroring..

It is a carelessness idea that placed all the datafiles in one directory

--
                    /////
                    (^_^)
|   libre
|   Email : libre_at_cyberlogitec.com  (Official)
|           libre_kr_at_yahoo.co.kr      (Free)
|           libre_kr_at_hotmail.com    (Free,MSN)
|           libre_kr_at_hanmail.net    (Free)
|           gosmdochi               (AOL)