urgent : Is this possible ?

From: Andy Franklin <andyfranklin2001_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 08:03:21 +0000 (UTC)

Could someone tell us if this is possible.We are talking of a large Organisations computer system and data system to which hundreds of different persons obviously have access on different levels.
I have cut and pasted a few bits about the system so that you can get an idea of what it is and then at bottom I will put the question;

"The XXXXXX software environment is based on the Microsoft Windows NT
Workstation network operating system and Microsoft Office applications for the desktops, and Microsoft Windows NT and Microsoft Back Office suite for the servers. The department's custom-built applications run inside the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser, which is driven by a Microsoft IIS Server on the back end. The department also uses Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 as the corporate databases, and continues to connect to legacy systems to handle certain dedicated functions."

In addition to a team of Compaq ProSigniaTM and ProLiantTM servers used for messaging, printing and data warehouse functions, the department also chose to standardize on Compaq DeskProTM 2000 PCs. These PCs offer
"Best In Class" desktop management functionality through innovative
features such as Compaq Intelligent Manageability"

THE QUESTION: Is it really possible that the "Population List/Monitor" could be deleted en masse (i.e. the whole list of persons entitled to access the system)and that this was not noticed by anyone for 3 months and therefore they have no record of who entered the system ,when and what for ??.

Surely no one could get in the system if they were all deleted ?.

Thanks for any replies
Andy