Re: Capture of DDL Statement

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:50:56 +1100

For 9i, you're wasting your time. All DDL statements are included in the redo logs already, and judicious use of Log Miner will reveal precisely who did what, to what, and at what time.

For anything other than 9i, then yes, triggers are the way to go... but honestly, do you really allow "any and all users" to issue DDL? Yikes.... my spine is tingling at the mere thought.

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com