Re: newbie qestion: how to log on

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:45:43 +1100

Trying to connect to the management server? The machine name can indeed be local host. Put the IP address in if that doesn't work, assuming TCP/IP. Log in as SYSMAN password OEM_TEMP (not a slash as you have it in the original message, though maybe that was just a typo).

I'm assuming that you've actually *created* a Management Server. You're on a hiding to nothing if you haven't.

Assuming you have, understand clearly what you are logging on to: a bunch of services which can subsequently make contact with an intelligent agent running on the server. You are *not* logging into a database, so trying 'system' and 'sys' which are database usernames is just a waste of time.

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com