mod_rewrite problems during 9i AS install

From: Yakov Krimberg <ykrimber_at_bpa.arizona.edu>
Date: 16 Mar 2002 10:04:59 -0800

Hello,

I am trying to install 8i database server as well as 9i application server on a Caldera OpenLinux Server 3.1 platform. I seem to be having a problem with both of them when it comes to getting the Apache server running. During installation (as well as subsequent individual runs) I get the following error message when apachectl gets executed:

Syntax error on line 228 of httpd.conf:
Cannot load mod_rewrite.so into server:
mod_rewrite.so: undefined symbol: dbm_fetch

I have traced this problem to a compilation option during Apache configuration that forces make to include nmdb libraries (if they don't get automatically linked in). However, since Oracle does not include the source files there is no way to recompile the executable and still keep all the dependencies.

I have been struggling with this off and on for a week now so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yakov Krimberg Received on Sat Mar 16 2002 - 12:04:59 CST